For instructors of all GEC courses, including online, face-to-face, majors only, writing, etc.
Step 1: Select two course outcomes
- Describe the present state of the arts from financial, social and cultural perspectives
- Describe the connects and relationships between specific styles/periods and culture
- Identify the contributions of significant artists and their places within history
- Demonstrate a foundation in terminology and methodology for future arts study
- Demonstrate an ability to recognize the functions of the arts in various world cultures
- Articulate the state of the performing arts within our society
- Develop a critical vocabulary and apply terminology appropriate to the discipline
- Identify and explain relevant social, cultural, and political developments, issues, and problems during specified time periods
- Analyze the development of the art form and its importance to world cultures, and how this development influences modern performances
- Find and evaluate information appropriate to research topics and communicate ideas in oral and written formats
- Analyze works of art in terms of form, content, and socio-historical significance and articulate these relationships
- Compare and contrast a variety of artistic styles and the people who make and consume them
- Distinguish and explain major historical, political, cultural, philosophical, and economic influences in societies under consideration and analyze their import on production and consumption of art
- Analyze art at symbolic and thematic levels
- Apply basic observational skills and evaluate the art objectively using appropriate terminology
- Articulate artistic preferences based on text, music, form, period, or style
- Define and apply appropriate vocabulary and use critical skills to effectively evaluate formal and creative merit
Step 2: Select one course assignment for each goal
Step 3: For each assignment, track number of students who:
- Meet goal
- Exceed goal
- are Below goal
- did not complete assignment
Step 4: Click on GEC Assessment Form link below. This will take you to the online assessment form.
- The form is easy to use and will first you to enter your course identification information on the online form.
- Enter the required assessment data from steps 1-3 above in the appropriate pull down menu and/or text boxes.
- Please note that will be asked to enter the assessment data twice (once for each GECobjective you have selected for each course).
- When completed with both entries, click submit.
- You will need to complete one set of entries for each GEC course or section that you instruct (e.g., THET 102 sec 001; THET sec 002; ARHS 101).
Questions? Contact John Hendricks, Associate Dean at 304-293-4362, firstname.lastname@example.org