WVU Theatre & Dance at the FREDDY© Awards
WVU Theatre & Dance is excited to participate with this year’s FREDDY© Awards! The award presented will provide a scholarship from WVU and the School of Theatre Dance, which when combined with other awards from West Virginia University, will be equivalent to the cost of university tuition. The award is renewable over 8 semesters of study.
Students interested in enrolling in WVU School of Theatre and Dance in the Fall of 2021 as Musical Theatre or Design & Technology majors are encouraged to apply by May 18th for consideration. The application will open on March 2nd, 2020.
UPDATE: Auditions and portfolio reviews will now be received digitally through our SlideRoom account (link below). We are planning to host follow up interviews with participants at the State Theatre in Easton, PA on Tuesday May 19th from 2-5.
Songs and Monologues
Two contrasting songs that show both your acting and vocal range and ability:
One up tempo and one ballad.
- One of those selections should feature the entire song while the second should be a 32 bar cutting (which number is in its entirety and which is a cutting is the candidate’s choice). Selections should be memorized for performance.
- Please know the shows from which you are choosing the songs to show your understanding of the character and motivations behind the song.
· A one-minute monologue fully-realized and memorized
1. Prepare a 20 to 30 second jazz or musical Theatre combination, original or from MT repertoire
2. Perform a double pirouette
3. Perform a triple time step
Theatre Design and Technology
Registration opens March 2nd, 2020
College of Creative Arts
West Virginia University