Undergraduate Auditions and Portfolio ReviewsAll degree programs in the College of Creative Arts, with the exception of Theatre BA, require a portfolio review (Art & Design) or an audition (Dance, Music, and Theatre).
- Sunday, November 15, 2020
- Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 (no dance interviews for this date)
- Sunday, March 7, 2021
Steps to Applying to the College of Creative Arts
How to apply
Talent-based creative arts scholarships are available from each School. The portfolio review/audition process for program admission will also allow students to be entered into consideration for these funds. Students within Art & Design and Theatre & Dance programs must be pursuing a major in the College of Creative Arts to receive scholarship consideration.
Additional information about the 2020-21 Process
Audition/portfolio materials are collected through SlideRoom through a separate submission from the application form. Please do not attempt to upload video content directly to your program application form.
The Audition/Portfolio review process includes a synchronous meeting time for faculty and students. However, this meeting will not necessarily take place on campus. Students may opt to meet virtually during their assigned time, and as we continue taking precautions related to COVID-19, the individual faculty or the college may choose to move all meetings online.
Your synchronous meeting (virtual or in person) with the faculty will be primarily an interview. You will not be asked to prepare new material beyond what is submitted in your video audition/review. You may be asked to present some of the pre-submitted material again during the live or virtual meeting. These requests will be sent to students no later than one-week prior to their scheduled meeting time.
We want to help you succeed! Studio areas are working to create audition tips videos relevant to specific studio areas. A selection of videos can be found on our YouTube channel and are being added throughout 2020-21.
Teleconferenced meetings with Creative Arts recruitment and with faculty can be arranged with James Froemel at email@example.com.
School & Program Applications *
university application and a program application are required for
admission into College of Creative Arts. You may complete the program application
and secure your interview time before or after your university
application is completed. An admission decision for your program cannot be
made until after you have been admitted to West Virginia University.
* After completing the school application you will need to upload media content such as audition videos and art & design or theatre design & technology portfolios through the Audition and Portfolio Upload link further down on the page. The date you are registering for with the School & Program Application will be your interview date. Media uploads must be submitted at least two days prior to your interview.
- Art & Design: Program application and portfolio review registration
- Music: Program application and audition registration
- Theatre: Program application and audition/portfolio review registration
- Dance: Program application and audition registration
- Multi-disciplinary Studies Program application and registration