Why Study the Arts at WVU?
WVU College of Creative Arts alumni work for and perform with household names like The New York Times, Coca Cola, FOX, CNN, NBC, Chicago Shakespeare, the US Marine Band and The Metropolitan Opera.
Our graduates have a high job placement rate. Alumni are actively exhibiting in prestigious galleries and museums, performing in internationally recognized symphonies and tour the country and beyond with traveling theatre companies. Some teach higher education or K-12 in a wide array of schools across the country.
Some stay in West Virginia and contribute to their communities. Studying the arts has given alumni the confidence and skills to explore entrepreneurship and many own their own businesses.
All have richer lives for their exploration in the arts and the most successful have a common background and passion for their discipline.
The College of Creative Arts at WVU has the advantages of a large university with the one-on-one attention that only a close-knit artistic community can offer...
- Faculty are both nationally recognized artists and teachers
- Small class size offer the ability for in-depth instruction
- Location is an easy drive from every major city in the northeast
- Perform at a professional level or work with clients to gain real-world experience
- Opportunities for field study and study abroad
- Visiting artists, historians, and critics of national prominence offer masterclasses and lectures