THEATRE & DANCE
Two disciplines come together
The School of Theatre & Dance offers students the opportunity to choose from several different majors, each providing a well-rounded knowledge of the art form as well as an opportunity to specialize. Minors are also offered in dance, theatre, and technical theatre. The School is the first to offer a dance major and a musical theatre major in the state of West Virginia. Currently, dance classes and faculty offices are housed on the downtown WVU campus in E. Moore Hall. The expansion of the Creative Arts Center will bring theatre and dance under the same roof for the first time.
What's in store...
- Two "forums" that are lounge and study areas for all students and faculty
- Two new theatre rehearsal rooms
- Two double-height and naturally-lit dance studios with surfaces required for accreditation by the National Association of Schools of Dance
- Dance support space and faculty rooms
- A new costume shop
- A dance performance space with the potential to accommodate 100 audience members in retractable seating
- A new 600-seat proscenium theatre sized appropriately for student experimentation, teaching, and learning