The College’s Outstanding Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award 2024 is for full-time faculty.
Submission Instructions: Please note that the following are general guidelines for applicants and not intended to be all encompassing criteria that each candidate must possess for consideration. Applicants are not expected to address each of the listed criteria; however, to be competitive, candidates will have significant contributions in the identified areas.
The award evaluates a record covering the past calendar year: January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023. Additional information from a previous year may be submitted if it helps support the application (e.g. continuing creative research activity, long-term curriculum development, etc.). Faculty whose first semester started in August 2023 are not eligible for this 2024 Outstanding Faculty Research and Creative Activity Award.
Excellence in Research and Creative Activity
- Contribution to intellectual environment locally, regionally, nationally, or internationally through excellence in Creative/Performance/Scholarly Activities.
- Originality/creativity and significance of the Creative/Performance/Scholarly Activities.
- Creative activity, such as performances, exhibits, or design production, which is an invited activity of local, regional, national, or international merit and substantiated with positive reviews.
- Creative/Performance/Scholarly Activities invited/refereed at conferences and professional meetings at local, state, national, or international forums.
- Professional activity, such as grants (completed and funded), classroom research, contracts, patents and copyrights, computer software and/or adaptation, and technology.
- Serving to further the interests of a professional organization related to the individual’s area of professional expertise.
- Publication of original scholarly research by refereed journals.
- Publication of a book or book chapters by a reputable publisher.
- Inclusion of other activities that may not have been addressed by the guidelines stated above.
Process and Nomination Guidelines:
- The CCA Executive Planning Council will serve as the Outstanding Faculty Research and Creativity Award Committee.
- The Committee reviews all submitted materials. One faculty from the College will be selected to receive the award. All full-time faculty are eligible for this award.
- Nominations are accepted from a faculty member in the College, from a student, or a faculty member may self-nominate. Each School’s FEPT Committee will also place one name into nomination based on the review of the annual productivity files.
- School directors, the associate deans, and the dean may not nominate a faculty member for the award.
- The nomination form is found at the end of these guidelines.
- A person should not receive the award more than once in a three-year period.
- The nomination packet must include the following:
- Nomination form that includes a narrative statement from the nominator outlining the nominee’s creative/scholarly achievements and their significance to the discipline.
- A narrative statement from the nominatee outlining the nominee’s creative/scholarly
achievements and their significance to the discipline.
- Any other information regarding research and creative activity provided by the nominee to support this packet, not to exceed 10 pages.
- All nomination packets are to be submitted electronically by April 1, 2024. Please submit to Jodie.Lewis@mail.wvu.edu