Skip to main content

Policies and Procedures

Reporting a Facilities Issue

If you are experiencing a building emergency (i.e. water leak, power failure, no heat, etc.) during normal business hours (8:15am-4:45pm Monday-Friday), please use the contact info for Jamie listed on the CCA Production and Facilities page.

If you are experiencing a building emergency outside of normal business hours (8:15am-4:45pm Monday-Friday), please call the Facilities Help Line at 304-293-HELP (4357). Once time permits, please email to report the problem so that we may follow up to ensure the issue is fully resolved. Be sure to mention that you called the help line.

If you notice something in the CCAC that needs attention but does not qualify as a building emergency, you may email or complete the CCA Facilities Issues Form, which allows you to attach a photo from your mobile device.

Requesting Facilities Upgrades

All modifications to CCA facilities must be approved and coordinated by the CCA Production and Facilities Office. To begin the process, you may submit your request to In most cases, a meeting will be requested to discuss the proposal and begin to define the scope of work.

If it is determined that the project requires Facilities Management involvement, the Production and Facilities Office will submit a work order to request an estimate for the work. Projects totaling $25,000 or more require University Planning Board approval.

Once the scope of work has been solidified, an estimate has been obtained, and the appropriate approvals have been received, a funding source must be identified. The project's priority will be evaluated as it relates to the program, School and College as we determine whether funding will be feasible at that time.

Once funding has been secured, a timeline can be established for the completion of the work. Major projects can take up to or more than a year to come to fruition. Advance planning is a must as projects with less time inevitably require more money.

Requesting Keys and Card Access

All requests for physical keys or card access must be submitted by Faculty or Staff through the online form. The information you provide during this process will route your request to the required personnel for approval. All access requests must be approved by your home department (e.g. School of Art & Design, Dean's Office, etc.) before the Production and Facilities Office can take action.

Faculty/Staff Key Requests

The Production and Facilities Office maintains a small inventory of building keys. If the keys you've requested are not in stock, a work order must be submitted for the Facilities Management Lockshop to cut a new key. Depending on their current workload, this may add up to a week or more to our turnaround time. Once your keys are ready, you will be contacted using the email address you provided, and you will be able to pick up your keys in the Production and Facilities Office.

Student Key Requests

All requests for keys to be issued to students must originate from the Faculty or Staff member authorizing the access. All correspondence in regard to these requests will be copied to both the Student and the Faculty/Staff representative. The student will be required to pick up the key(s) in person in the Production and Facilities Office.

All Card Access Requests

Card swipe locks will be updated each Tuesday and Friday between 10am and 12pm. Each request will be processed during the update immediately following the completion of the approval process. For example, if you submit your request at 1pm on Friday and your School director signs off before 10am on Tuesday, you should have access to the new door(s) between 10am and noon on Tuesday.

All access requests must be submitted by Faculty or Staff 

Key/Card Access Requests

Surplus Equipment Disposal

The CCA Production and Facilities Office is responsible for coordinating with the WVU Surplus Redistribution Center (SRC) to manage the disposal of all unwanted items. If the item is determined to have remaining value, it will be taken to the SRC where it may be reallocated to another University or State department or auctioned to the general public. If the item is determined to have reached the end of its useful life, it will be disposed of appropriately.
To arrange for items to be sent to surplus or disposed of, please email After examining the items, the Production and Facilities Office will consult the SRC to determine the proper course of action and then arrange for the item to be removed. Every effort will be made to remove the item from your area as soon as possible. This turnaround may be affected by Production and Facilities Office workload, available storage space, or SRC workload. Please do not place your items in the hallway unless you have been instructed to do so by the Production and Facilities Office.

Email, Phone and Network Setup and Requests

All faculty and staff receive Office365 accounts, which includes Outlook Email and Calendaring, Skype for business communications, and OneDrive for business document storage, sharing, and collaboration. For information on accessing your account, please visit the  Office365 page on the IT website.

To request changes to office phone or network setup, including port activation, voicemail reset, or troubleshooting, please email When necessary, the Production and Facilities Office will place service requests with Information Technology Services and assist in coordinating their work in our buildings.

Please note that numbers are assigned to phones, not locations. Moving a phone from one room to another effectively moves the line. However not all network ports have been activated, and additional permissions must be set on a port to allow it to serve a phone line even if it has an active internet connection. For this reason, even moving a phone from one port to another in the same room may require an IT service request. For assistance, contact the Production and Facilities Office.

Please visit the  IT website for details on campus dialing procedures or accessing voicemail. 


All scheduling for CCA facilities is handled in 25Live, the campus scheduling solution that serves as the one calendaring system for all CCA rooms. All scheduling requests from faculty and staff are expected to be entered in 25Live following the formatting outlined in the 25Live CCA Guidebook. This is designed to standardize the way in which events are entered into 25Live and aid in the communication of event-related details. Trainings focusing on how the CCA uses 25Live are offered to faculty each semester. For your reference, a listing of all CCA locations found in 25Live is included here as well. For assistance with 25Live, please contact the CCA Production and Facilities Office.

Scheduled training sessions:no training sessions scheduled at this time
*All training sessions will be in 4039 (Graphic Design Computer Lab on 4th Floor). If you would like to attend a training session, please email to reserve your spot.

Standard Performance Times

WVU Arts & Entertainment events typically start at 7:00pm or 7:30pm but may vary. Consult the A&E box office (304-293-SHOW) for specific start times.

School of Theatre & Dance and School of Music Ensembles

  • Monday-Friday 7:30pm
  • Saturday 2:00pm and 7:30pm
  • Sunday 2:00pm and 7:00pm  

School of Music Faculty/Guest/Chamber Ensemble/Studio Recitals (Bloch/Falbo/Davis)

  • Monday-Friday 6:00pm and 8:00pm
  • Saturday 2:00pm, 6:00pm and 8:00pm
  • Sunday 2:00pm and 7:00pm

School of Music Degree-Required Student Recitals

  • Wednesday 6:00pm and 8:00pm
  • Thursday 6:00pm and 8:00pm
  • Friday 4:00pm, 6:00pm, and 8:00pm
  • Saturday 12:00pm, 2:00pm, 4:00pm, 6:00pm, and 8:00pm
  • Sunday 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:00pm, and 7:00pm

Weather-related Cancellations

In the event of inclement weather effecting the region, the Production and Facilities Office will consult with the School Directors and the event’s responsible faculty member to determine whether a cancellation will be necessary. Once a decision has been made, the Production and Facilities Office will alert the College’s Director of Marketing and Communications, who will contact University Relations and local media, update the College’s online event calendar, and post to social media. Although the cancellation of classes or other events across campus does not necessarily mean we will cancel College of Creative Arts events, if a 'University closure’ is announced, all events at CCA Facilities, including rehearsals, must be cancelled.