Application for Graduation
Official WVU Graduation and Commencement Information can be found at:
Early application for graduation is highly recommended. Please note: ALL students applying for graduation, undergraduate and graduate, are now required to apply online. Please note that there now is just one University wide deadline to apply for graduation, so this deadline is firm.
How to apply online:
1. Log into your account in the WVU portal
2. Click on the STAR tab
3. Click on the link “Click here to enter STAR”
4. Click on the “Student Services and Housing” link
5. Click on “Student Records”
6. Click on “Apply to graduate”
You can also now apply through the link on your DegreeWorks checklist page!
Graduate students: Don’t forget that you also need to be registered for 1 credit the semester you graduate, per University requirements.
For questions, call 304-293-4330 or email Jeanne.Frieben@mail.wvu.edu.