This information is being provided to all first-year students returning to WVU and the College of Creative Arts in Spring 2022 who achieved below a 2.0 overall GPA in Fall 2021 and are now placed on Academic Probation. A series of Mid-Year Academy (MYA) events are designed to assist you achieve academic success this spring so that you can hopefully obtain a high enough GPA to remove your Academic Probation status.
All the required MYA activities discussed below need to be completed by the time classes start on Monday, January 10.
Please note that if you have been processed to change your major for Spring 2022 to something outside the College of Creative Arts, your Mid-Year Academy will be with that college and you should contact them for their information. If for some reason you are not returning to WVU at all this Spring, please contact CCA Associate Dean John Hendricks at the email below.
Required activities for Mid-Year Academy Students:
As a first-year student attending Mid-Year Academy, you MUST complete the following required activities:
- University activities:
- Review the 5-minute Opening University Welcome Video found at: https://firstyearexperience.wvu.edu/mid-year-academy
- Complete the 10-minute Student Lingo ‘Success Strategies for Probation Students”. This video can be found at the above web site.
- College of Creative Arts activities:
- Carefully watch the 30-minute CCA MYA Learning Module. This can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boe9qY3U9QI
- Complete the CCA MYA Quiz and Survey based on the above CCA MYA Learning Module. This may take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. This can be found at: https://wvucca.wufoo.com/forms/r1wrexnr150w18y/
- Meet with an academic advisor representative to review your spring schedule during
the week of January 3. Does your schedule need to be amended?
Do you need to take less classes than you registered for? Do you need
to repeat courses under the University’s D/F repeat policy?
Please contact the representative below to set up your virtual meeting:
- All Art and Design students: Contact Prof. Dylan Collins at Dylan.Collins@mail.wvu.edu
- Interactive Design for Media Students: Contact Prof. Jeffrey Moser at Jeffrey.Moser@mail.wvu.edu
- All Music students: Contact Dr. Sandra Schwartz at Sandra.Schwartz@mail.wvu.edu
- Acting students: Contact Prof. Cornel Gabara at Cornel.Gabara@mail.wvu.edu
- Musical Theatre students: Contact Prof. Lee Blair at Lee.Blair@mail.wvu.edu
- Puppetry students: Contact Prof. Mary McClung at Mary.McClung@mail.wvu.edu
- Theatre Design and Technology students: Contact Prof. Steven Neuenschwander at Steven.Neuenschwander@mail.wvu.edu
- Theatre BA students: Contact Prof. Joshua Williamson at Joshua.Williamson@mail.wvu.edu
- Dance students: Contact Prof. Yoav Kaddar at Yoav.Kaddar@mail.wvu.edu
CCA MDS students: Contact Mr. James Froemel at
Contact your Student Success Coach and set-up your first meeting. More details about Student Success Coaching will be in the CCA MYA Learning Module. Specific contact information for your Coach will be emailed to you.
- Complete a CCA Student Success Contract. This contract can be completed at: https://wvucca.wufoo.com/forms/r1liyudv01jst0g/
For further information or if you have questions, please contact CCA Associate Dean John Hendricks at John.Hendricks@mail.wvu.edu He would be glad to have either an in-person or virtual conversation with you. If you have specific financial aid questions, please contact James.Froemel@mail.wvu.edu