Graphic Design/Media Production Interns for the Summit Bechtel Reserve will work with Summit’s Marketing and Media team to support operations and marketing for a 10,000+ acre adventure facility in Glen Jean, WV. The student intern will create digital and print media assets that will be used for marketing, promotion and engagement to the Summit’s guest and target market. Apply now to be part of the Internship Alliance.
The Summit Bechtel Reserve serves a variety of guests including providing Scouting programs to over 15,000 Scouting participants this summer as well as hosting corporate retreats, weddings and other unique events. The intern will have the opportunity to work on projects with different intended audiences across a variety of mediums including social media, digital and print media.
Interns should expect to work about 40 hours a week and will be provided room and board in addition to a bi-weekly seasonal salary.
- Provide cheerful and helpful service to all Summit Bechtel Reserve guests, participants and staff
- Follow the policies and procedures outlined in the Summit Bechtel Reserve Staff Handbook and in staff training
- Managing digital assets including photo, video and graphic files
- Inventory, manage, and care for any equipment issued by the Summit Bechtel Reserve
- Creation of assets to be used by Media and Marketing Team with agreed upon deadlines
- Any other duties as assigned by full-time staff and/or direct supervisor
- Interns must be or become a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America during the period of employment
- Interns must be 18 years old or older
Preferred Qualifications & skills
- Training and/or Significant experience with Graphic Design
- Training and/or Significant experience in social media promotion
- Experience with photo and video editing
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Attention to detail and great interpersonal skills.
Note: Interns may also be asked to help provide event support as needed throughout their time with the Summit Bechtel Reserve. This may include interfacing with additional media or marketing teams and outside groups or agencies.