Dr. and Mrs. William J. Canady established The Valerie Canady Charitable Trust Foundation in memory of their daughter, Valerie, whose life was taken on December 21, 1988, when a terrorist bomb exploded on Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland.
Applicants for The Valerie Canady Charitable Trust Foundation scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a major in Music, Art, Theatre or Dance.
(All full-time students are eligible whose major is within the College of Creative Arts.)
- Must be fluent, verbally, in a second language or be actively engaged in obtaining this ability.
- Must have a grade point average of 3.5 or above.
- Provide a complete copy of your OFFICIAL transcript, including transfer credit. Your transcript can be requested from the Office of the University Registrar at: http://registrar.wvu.edu/transcripts
- Provide three faculty letters of reference (typed, signed and printed on School letterhead).
- All materials should be assembled in a packet or envelope and submitted to your School Director by September 16, 2022.
- Students receiving or continuing on this award are asked to invite Mrs. William J. Canady and the members of the Board of The Valerie Canady Charitable Trust Foundation to attend an event in which they will be performing or exhibiting.
- If you receive this very prestigious scholarship award, we ask that you send a note of appreciation to Mrs. Loulie Canady for her most generous support of your education. You will be provided with her address upon receiving a scholarship.
- Please submit your application directly to your School Director, who will verify your eligibility, and ensure that the three letters of reference and transcripts are enclosed.